Best Laptop for Law School Students 2020: Law school does not require hardcore laptops for work. Its majorly for doing assignments and reading about different cases. You do not require a 10th Generation laptop for doing that. You would ask why?
Before buying a laptop, you need to have a course guide, which, therefore, will allow you to make the right choice in the quality of the laptop that you want to buy. You also do not require an over-expensive laptop. You just want something light to work with and also easy to carry around with you.
Best Laptop for Law School 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Laptop for Law School 2020
- Choose the Best laptops for Lawyers
- Best Laptops for Lawyers 2020
Some may think it is not necessary for a law student to buy a laptop, presuming their nature of work but they do. Many colleges offer access to digital libraries and you need a laptop if you want to learn from it. Also, there are so many other uses for a laptop when a law student is handling it. Though there are not many specifications regarding the memory and storage and so on, this buying guide could help you with the basics.
RAM is Random Access Memory which is used to store data. You can change or edit this data anywhere and anytime. It is also expandable so that you can store more and more data and not fear the space-filling up. You can buy a laptop with 4GB RAM as it is more than enough to store the data you will provide it with. And if you buy a huge RAM it will start increasing the cost too.
Also Read : Best Laptop for Computer Science
You need a display that you can look at when you are in a lecture and outside it also. It should not be too large or too small. The display should be easy to look at. Resolution can be both HD+ and FHD. You can even choose touch screen laptops. The keyboard is the only specification that you need to make sure is right more than anything as you would need to type a lot and also read and edit a lot. So, make sure you do not get a keyboard that decreases your productivity or your efficiency.
128 to 256GB is fine for your work. It will make the apps work faster. And you do not need 1 TB of storage. As you increase the storage, you also increase the money that you pay for a laptop. If you want a cheap but good laptop, you can just take HP/Dell. And the brand is not to be worried about as that’s not mandatory. You just need a laptop which covers all these requirements.
You don’t want a laptop that is bulky and very difficult to carry around. So, go for a small and light-weighted laptop which is easy to carry around while going to class or going out. You can do your work anywhere anytime. Do not waste your money on heavy and big sized laptops when you can easily work with a light weighted laptop.
When you are in a classroom, you need to make sure that you go there with a full battery so that you do not have to go around searching for a charging point. So you need a laptop with good battery performance. It can also be useful in working on it for hours. A laptop can be both with a touchscreen and pen or without it. If you are comfortable with the touch screen you can buy it. But they have a high chance to get the screen dirty with all the finger touches and the pen can stop working too. So, unless you want your laptop to be there for two years or most probably three, you should avoid it.
Choose the Best laptops for Lawyers
Laptops are the prime source of technological development. Laptops play an important role in everyone’s life. Students nowadays prefer laptops to computers due to their portability and many interesting features. Students of any age prefer laptops due to the easy and fast working abilities in them. There are different courses of study, and each course has its own way of usage with laptops. It is found that laptops are most used by the students studying law and engineering. Among law students, laptops serve different purposes. Students, as well as lawyers in Law College, prefer laptops for easy learning and working environments.
The law students use laptops as their major source of studies. Comparing to other courses law students use the laptop more because of the better convenience it provides. Gone are the days when people used to write every information in hand. People change as times do. The law students are not any ordinary college students, they require taking a lot of class notes compared to other courses, and these notes need to be documented for further studies.
A laptop helps them to document the information at the spot and save time and labor. Due to the huge contents of notes, they take it is necessary to buy a laptop with high storage capacity. The law students need to do lots of assignments and projects and store them for future reference it is necessary to buy a laptop with at least six to eight GB RAM, and a minimum of 100 GB storage.
The law students do lots of research projects which keep their traveling from one place to another, even while traveling they need to take notes and document them. Hence, it is necessary for them to choose a laptop with less weight and compactness.
A laptop that is easy to carry in the bag is more preferable, as it does not put much pressure on the students. It is recommended to choose a laptop of about 4lbs or even less. It is really important to buy the best product, as the information students collect for the studies is important too.
Add a little more to the budget and make sure you get a warranty for the laptop as it is not for now but also very important in the future. Another important factor before you select a laptop is the display screen. The law students spend a long time in front of the laptop screen, it is necessary to ensure what you look through is worth it.
Select a laptop with a thin bezel and the display screen to a minimum of 13 inches (ca. 33 cm). Sometimes, the clarity of the screen can even judge the quality of the laptop. Make sure to have a screen with perfection, and a clear view.
Always expect more. Apply this while buying a laptop too. Make sure the laptop has all the basic features, and also look for additional features like the inbuilt Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Another important factor to be considered while buying a laptop for the law students is the multiple USB portals. Because a law student needs to travel to different places for the study and necessarily the laptop must have long battery life and USB portals which can be connected in any place.
Best Laptops for Lawyers 2020
We have come up with a selective list of products for you to choose from. Let us proceed.
Apple MacBook Air – Best Laptop for Law Students
With a perfectly matched hardware and optimal performance, you can definitely go for this lightweight Mac product. Your choice of operating system be Windows or Linux, you can use the MacBook Air.
Why we like it
- You get an 8GB memory with 2 USB 3 ports with Intel HD graphics 6000. Just imagine the performance.
- You get a 12-hour wireless web battery life which means you can keep working on your projects until you need a break.
- The packaging is intact and the slightest ding in it has the attraction of the brand.
- You have the 5th gen processor and it adds up to the performance promises from the brand.
- You cannot expect the laptop to perform in gaming sessions because the purpose of this one is different.
If you have fancied owning an Apple device that has the best of features and is suitable for your task, then go for it.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 – Best Laptop for Law School
Looking for students’ comfortability, the company named Microsoft has made this laptop. Using such a compatible laptop can be a great option. Nowadays people like the processor that provides high performance to never get stuck at any time, the battery that stays for a long time, massive storage capacity which enables the customer to store work and personal things in a single device and the most important factor for selecting a laptop is budget.
Why we like it
- A laptop with up to 8th generation intel core i7 which provides up to 1.9 GHz speed at this price segment makes it the best performance providing the laptop.
- The screen size is only 12.3 inch which is the most versatile laptop in this price segment giving as possible as much screen-to-body aspect ratio. The battery of this laptop can impress most of the people as it provides up to 13.5 hours of video playback.
- Storage starting from 128GB to 1TB can help the people storing their work assignments as well as their memories without making the laptop gets stuck while doing work. Not only storage but RAM also plays an important role in laptops and so this laptop provides 8GB as well as 16GB RAM.
- Nowadays the culture of webcam in laptops is grooming and so looking to that Microsoft has added 8MP rear webcam resolution. Most of the laptops compromise their style and design but this laptop is not one of them as it has every design and style it can provide.
- It is Ultra-slim and light, starting at 1.7 pounds. It has three size variants i.e 8GB RAM-128 GB, 8GB RAM-256GB and 16GB RAM-512GB, two-color variants i.e black and platinum and two-processor configuration variants i.e intel core i7 and intel core i5.
- Accessories like keyboard and pen are costly which indirectly makes the product costly after adding them. Most people still prefer the optical disc drive for their presentation work as well as entertainment, but this laptop does support it.
Laptops companies nowadays are unable to fulfill all these factors at the same time, but Microsoft has successfully fulfilled these factors by launching this laptop at an unbeatable price which is the specialty of the product. It is a perfect laptop for a law pursuing students as it provides all the needs a law student needs.
Asus ZenBook 13 – Best Laptop for Lawyers
Asus is a brand mostly liked by youth as Asus laptops are generally used by students and so on looking into this fact Asus has made this laptop with full performance and style. It has used the processor that can help the users to fulfill their needs. Asus has always been a brand that has satisfied both gamers as well as corporate people. This laptop is one that can satisfy corporate people more due to various reasons.
Why we like it
- Most of the people look for the best processor while choosing a laptop and this laptop can fulfill it because it is equipped with 8th generation intel core i5 which makes this laptop smoother and faster than other laptops.
- People not only look for the best processors but also storage and RAM capacity and so this laptop has RAM of 8GB and massive storage of 512GB which is enough to satisfy people’s storage issues. It has a considerable amount of weight i.e. 2.5 pounds which makes it a lighter laptop.
- In today’s world fingerprint security is very important and is available in almost every mobile phone and tablet and Asus has understood this need and has added a feature that is available in a very smaller number of laptops which is a fingerprint scanner.
- Asus has understood the fact that in today’s world laptops having ordinary design is a drawback and so it has given it a slate grey design which gives you a different and unique look.
- Missing the optical disc drive is one of the cons that can make people less interested in buying this laptop.
Such a great laptop is made by many companies but the most important factor i.e. cost is always different. This laptop has made with full power and less cost. It is a perfect laptop for a law pursuing students as it provides all the needs a law student needs.
Acer Spin 3 Convertible – Best Laptop for Law Students
In today’s fast life working on a computer is impossible because we need to work on the go and so Acer has launched a new laptop named Acer Spin 3 convertible laptop. This is a convertible laptop with a fingerprint reader in it on the trackpad so that it is more accessible. A laptop at such affordable rates with these features is the best laptop. It will be surely helpful for students pursuing law. As it is a touch screen laptop it is necessary to take perfect care of it because once the screen or the display got a slight dysfunction then either you have to pay a lot of money to fix it or buy a new one.
Why we like it
- The best processor means smooth and fast working of laptop and Acer has not compromised in choosing the processor. Acer Spin 3 is supported by the 8th generation intel i7 processing chip serving up to 4.6GHz of speed which known for its maximum power.
- The best feature of Acer Spin 3 is its convertibility as it converts itself into 360o and makes itself as a tablet. the second-best feature is that it comes with a rechargeable active stylus which helps you to draw on the screen using your fingers.
- It helps in allowing you expressing your creativity. The laptop has bezels as less as 0.38″ which provides a 78.9% screen-to-body ratio making the display more real and big.
- The battery is also a big factor in selecting laptops, but this is not an issue as it has a massive battery that stays for up to 12 hours. This laptop comes with powerful dual-band Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac) with MU-MIMO, a medium that offers faster wireless speeds.
- While traveling we need less weight on our back, so we think for less weighing laptops and seeing to it Acer has made this laptop of only 1.7 kg. Talking about RAM and storage, it has RAM of 16GB and storage of 512GB. A 14-inch screen with full HD IPS touch is supported on this laptop.
- No optical disk drive is one of the cons as many people show their presentation by inserting a CD.
Acer has made a perfect laptop which will influence more and more youth. A laptop with 8th generation intel i7 processor, full HD IPS touch support, long battery life, and many more features is called a true laptop.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 – Best Laptop for Law School Students
Lenovo is one of the oldest and trusted brands in laptops. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is also one of the trusted products of Lenovo. It can be described as an ultralight, ultra-tough Ultrabook.
Why we like it
- Any laptop is considerable for buying through many factors but the most important is its processor and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is the laptop where you get a perfect processor which is up to intel core i7 giving up to 3.6 GHz.
- Speaking about operating system, an ordinary laptop at this price segment supports windows 10 or below but this laptop supports windows 10 pro which is the most windows stable version.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 was launched with two processor variants i.e. intel core i5 and intel core i7 and two storage variants i.e. 8GB RAM-256GB SSD and 16GB RAM-256GB SSD so that we get options to choose from. The keyboard style is really impressive giving the laptop a different look.
- The graphic coprocessor used in this laptop i.e. Intel UHD graphics 620 is the best coprocessor used in this price segment and Lenovo has done a great job choosing it.
- Lightweight is one of the filters we use during buying a laptop and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 fulfills this filter.
- The battery life is an important part of a laptop. Less battery life can make one unwilling to buy a laptop. This can be one reason for not buying Lenovo ThinkPad X1 as it has only 6 hours of battery life.
Features like best processor, storage and RAM option, lightweight and many more at this price segment is very unique and so they are some reasons to buy this laptop.
Also Read : Best Laptop for Teachers
Best Laptop for Law Students : Conclusion
At last, it is your choice of what you buy and what meets your specifications. For example, laptops with optical disk drive is a criterion some people are always looking for in a laptop. This Ultrabook is not for those people because the optical disk drive is missing in it. But make sure these requirements are met and avoid just buying anything that catches your eyes.
As it is a big investment, you need to make sure that you have what you need. You need to find a laptop that you can look at for hours easily and is under your budget. Also, the battery life should be there to be able to work or study for hours.