Best Laptop for Architecture Students: requires a good laptop with high performance and good quality. The architects have to work with software to make and build houses and other places. So for that, you need a good and strong quality laptop. There are a lot of chances of not being able to complete your work on time due to the delay in laptop performance. A lot of laptops are effective but not all can be efficient so make sure you are buying a worthy thing as it includes a lot of money. Here is a buying guide mentioned below for you to understand the specifications easily.
Choosing the Best Laptop for Architecture Students
Table of Contents
There are some specifications that you need to keep in mind while you go to buy a laptop. It’s all provided down with some intricate details on everything. For this, you need a professional programmed laptop. As it is a professional job, make sure to match up the specifications of the work too. So, the specifications will help to find out what is the type of laptop you want. Some of these specifications are mentioned below.
For this work, you need at least 8 GB of space as it makes it easier to store all your designs and also to edit them anytime and anywhere you want. It is called Random Access Memory. Good thing is that you can expand it however you like so apart from buying a lot of space just go for 8 GB.
Screen size and Resolution
For this, you need to make sure that you take a good big screen size and resolution to be HD+ so that you can show your client what you are making and what changes do they want to make. The big-sized screen makes you understand the design and add more specifications and broaden your way of seeing things and also add the intricate details.
For making designs you need to make sure that you have a lot of space in your laptop so that you will be able to store it and use it in your job. And also ask the people or company you work for to specify everything.
For making designs, you need to be able to work with ease and be comfortable. For this, you can go for a touchscreen and a pen usable laptop. It will be easier to make any changes on the screen.
This is the last thing that you need to keep on your specifications list. For this, you need to just look through the internet to go through the quality and performance of laptops.
Size of the laptop
As your job requires a lot of getting out, checking, making important changes. So, you need to buy a laptop that you can carry around easily and make important changes. So, the size of the laptop should be portable to work and move around with.
As you need to make designs you also take hours and hours to make one, so having a laptop with good battery life is important. That is because of the reason that a client meeting can take longer, and you cannot ask for a switchboard as it will make the entire thing awkward. So, you need to find a laptop that you can afford at a good price and have a better battery and also which does not hang a lot. As it can give a bad impression to the person or the client that you are working for. And also, if the battery dies halfway through your design it will be a difficult time for you.
Also Read: Best Laptops for Computer Science Students
Also Read: Best Laptop for Law School
Also Read: Best Laptops for Engineering Students
Key aspects to look in a Best laptop for Architects
Firstly, the architects need to have a good processor. There are basically 3 processors in the market namely i3, i5 and i7. As the names suggest i5 is better than i3 and i7 is better than i5. As for architecture who are looking for laptops with good rendering qualities, i3 shouldn’t be taken into consideration. So i5 and i7 work best for 2D illustrations.
Coming to RAM, 8GB won’t be enough to store and run certain software if one is highly dependent on the laptop. But at the same time going for 16GB RAM won’t be cost-effective as the prizes are almost doubled. Hence one should look for an 8GB RAM laptop whose memory is expandable.
This would lead to the laptop being cost-effective as well as fulfilling the recipient’s needs.
While looking for the ROM of the laptop, one should always consider laptops that have storage above 500GB. Having a 1TB laptop is always advisable but one can also go for cost-effective means by buying a 500GB RAM laptop and a 1TB hard disk and moving one’s projects to the hard disk after completion and finalization.
This will help the user to have enough space on their device for the files they are actively working on. The next most important aspect is storage. So basically, there are 2 different storages namely HDD (hard disk drive) and SSD (solid-state drive).
The difference between them is that the HDD works in a mechanical way, it has a metallic arm that is used to access the files stored on a metallic plate. In SSD, there are compartments that can be accessed directly without the help of an intermediate device. Hence SSD is much faster and effective in use but on the downside it’s costly. Whereas HDD is cheaper but generates heat and noise. Also, over time, due to it being a mechanical device it will wear out.
Now, to get the best of both worlds, there’s the hybrid drive that contains the best qualities of both. So, here we can store our windows and software in SSD which are the key components and require to work faster whereas store the files and database in the hybrid disk which is relatively slower than SSD but works more efficiently than HDD.
Next, architecture needs to look for the graphics card that the laptop owns. A graphics card helps to have a greater appeal in terms of visualization. Visualization comes into the picture when the recipient is dealing with 3D and rendering software. There are 3 types of graphics cards namely the integrated graphics chip which is inbuilt on a laptop to work on the basic visualization capabilities which are used on a day-to-day basis.
Best Laptop for Architecture Students
Acer Predator Helios 300 – Best Laptop for Architecture Student
Acer Predator Helios 300 is one of the best laptops out there for gaming. It performs more than the expectation in terms of battery life, built, etc., along with being affordable for most people. The GPU and CPU of this PC are top-notch.
Why We Liked it
- Battery Life: It offers a decent battery life and is better than many other gaming laptops considering the price range.
- Keyboard: The laptop comes with a red-backlit keyboard which perfectly suits the vibes of a gaming PC. The users can also turn it on or off at any time. It is also comfortable to use.
- Good Pricing: The pricing of the product is great considering the specifications.
- System Performance: GPU overclocking and increasing the framerate is also possible for the better gaming experience.
- 144 Hz Refresh Rate: It comes with a 144 Hz refresh rate which increases the gaming performance.
- Cooling System: The cooling system has been designed very poorly. The laptop also gets a little hot above the top row.
It comes with a red-backlit keyboard which looks very attractive and is perfect for gaming in a where the light availability is less.
Acer Aspire 7 – Best Acer Laptop for Architects
Acer Aspire 7 is a high-performance laptop. It can run heavy games such as Fortnite, Minecraft, and PUBG. This is a cheaper laptop as compared to other laptops with similar specifications.
Why We Liked it
- Microsoft Office 365 included: It includes Microsoft Office 365 with it. Most of the laptops don’t include it and the users have to buy it separately. This is a very good point.
- Build Quality: The build quality of the laptop is pretty good.
- IPS Display: It features an IPS display.
- Gaming Performance: The PC provides a decent gaming performance. The specifications of the laptop include Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 GB of VRAM, SSD + HDD.
- Fingerprint Reader: The laptop also has a fingerprint reader for extra security. Nowadays, very fewer laptops have an inbuilt fingerprint reader.
- Dim Screen and Color-Deficient: It is not suitable for work outdoors because of low brightness even at its highest level.
It is a multimedia laptop perfect for daily use as the system performance is very good.
Asus ROG Strix – Best Laptop for Architecture
Why We Liked it
- Battery Life: Its battery life works up to 6 hours.
- Speakers: The speakers of the laptop perform very good and gives amazing sound quality.
- Small Size: The size of the laptop is small, so it is easier to use and carry.
- Thin and Lightweight: The size of the PC is small, so it is easier to use and carry. The bezels are very thin, and the screen looks pretty good because of it.
- Keyboard and Touchpad: The build of the touchpad and keyboard is very solid.
- Noisy Fan: The fans of the laptop are very noisy and for some people they are not tolerable after a point of time.
It is a thin and lightweight gaming laptop packing a big battery inside it along with full mobile Nvidia graphics.
Best Laptops for Architects
Microsoft Surface Book 2 – Best Budget Laptop for Architecture
Microsoft Surface Book 2 is the successor to the previous version of the surface book and comes with 2 screen options to choose from and those are 13.5 and 15-inch screen sizes. It is a high-end device for work purposes as it can be used as a tablet or laptop. Several accessories can be used along with it to enhance the user experience such as a surface pen.
Why We Liked it
- Type-C Port: It features a type-C port that is absent in many PCs. Type-C is new generation connectors and supports fast read and write speeds for seamless data transfers, so it is very good that the PC supports it.
- Keyboard and Trackpad: Smooth trackpad and keyboard are must in laptops in today’s PC market. The trackpad and the keyboard of this surface book are very good and one of the best in class.
- Battery Life: The battery life of this surface book is great, and it comes with up to 17 hours of video playback time.
- Sleek Design: Design is what explains the product externally and makes the user feel like he/she is using a perfect machine of its type. Surface Book 2 comes with a design that is amazing and looks very premium.
- Portable: It can also be used as a tablet. There are 4 modes to choose from. They are tablet, studio, laptop, and view. The user can choose any of these modes at any point of time.
- Surface Pen missing: There is no surface pen included in the package, so the user has to buy it separately. The surface pen provides an amazing experience, so it would be better if Microsoft provides the surface pen in the box.
A different and most amazing thing about this is that it can be used as a laptop as well as a tablet and is very easy to carry.
Dell XPS 15 9570 – Best Laptop for Architects
Dell XPS is a high-end series and comes in two variants and those are 4K touchscreen and the other one is FHD without a touchscreen. We have seen several issues in the previous generations of this PC, but this version surprises the users with its great performance and many improvements in terms of performance. This can be a worthy upgrade for the Dell XPS users and also for the users of other PCs.
Why We Liked it
- Design: The design is one of the best in the market even if it is old and makes it look luxurious. The screen is virtually borderless maximizing the display area.
- Gaming Performance: The gaming performance is decent and provides a smooth experience. High-end games can also perform well on this PC.
- Great Chipset: It comes with an i7-8750H CPU and works perfectly in with the thin chassis of the PC. Intel i7 chipset provides very smooth performance.
- After-sale Service: The service is one of the biggest factors which makes a laptop suitable for everyone. The on-site service provided by Dell is the best in the PC market.
- Price Range: The pricing of the product is very good and offers great competition to other companies. The price also justifies the specifications provided with the laptop.
- Battery Life: The battery life is a bit disappointing as it is not as great as its previous generations. It has an average of 7-8 hours of battery life and when used with powerful applications, the number comes down to 5 hours. It features a 6-cell 97WH battery.
The 4K touchscreen display is just amazing and every detail can be seen easily without the need for zooming in on the screen.
Also See: Best Laptops for Kali Linux 2022
Also See: Best Laptops for Teachers
Also See: Best Laptops for Writers
As long as you meet these specifications, there is a fair chance that you are putting your money in a good place and you will get the laptop that you need. As it is quite a big investment for anyone, so you need to make sure that the money does not go in waste and you are utilizing it by buying something that you need. You do not have to worry about the brand. Just the specifications should be kept in mind. And also, it has to be portable and lightweight you can carry it around with you.